Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Passion


I have a lot of
passion for issues, but don't always know why I have those passions or know exactly know how to put them to use. One of my best friends and a cousin just got back from Africa on mission trips. Every time I hear a story about missions, wyam, foreign countries, adoption, aids/hiv, poverty..etc. my heart breaks. I want to go so badly. I keep asking God when He will send me?? I know I can't rush anything. I learned that with Mexico when I tried to force what God did not have in store for me. Why do I have so much passion for diversity, cultures, foreign languages?? Why do I love children so much?? Why do I hate how materialistic America is? It's hard having so much passion, but not knowing where God will lead with it. I know that someday I will probably live in a foreign country as a teacher. I know that someday my family will be culturally mixed and that it will be big and welcoming.

I've been on 3 mission trips, but the one in Mexico I left my heart there. I love those people so much. How do I have so much love for them when I only knew them for about a week?

Why does my heart light up every time I see Tem and Tessa? Why do I love hearing stories about Africa from my cousins who have been there countless times (and yes i am jealous)? Why does the documentary film i watched in my HS art class about the woman who helped impoverished children gain success through photography stick in my mind? Why did I ball my eyes out throughout Blood Diamond and Slumdog Millionaire? God is breaking my heart for what breaks His. Now God what will I do with this broken heart??Give me guidance, strength, and wisdom.

I will continue praying. I will continue praying for the brokeness.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your heart. And I love how God is lining it up with his. DON'T GIVE UP...those passions are dreams are NOT going to be wasted. Waiting just sucks sometimes :( I can't wait to see where you end up, girl.

    ReplyDelete